Wednesday, October 7, 2015

BLOG TOUR and RRBB REVIEW: Shifter: City Of Wolves by Avery Burch






Shifter: City of Wolves by Avery Burch 
Publication date: August 3rd 2015
Genres: Adult, Paranormal Romance



Synopsis:

He'll risk anything to be inside me. I'm his fated mate.
Lyla: 

What the hell am I thinking? I can't fall for a wolf. He's a criminal and an outcast. I'm an elite. If we get caught, they'll destroy us. I'll be disgraced. He'll be tortured and killed. But his wolf instinct has locked on me. He says I'm his fated mate. And every time we're alone together, he melts my heart ... and makes me so wet I'll risk anything to feel him throb inside me.

Zac: 
Everything they told me about fated mates is true. And that means I'm in a lot of trouble. I'm risking everything. As a shifter, I'm used to living on the edge. The regime wants me dead. But now it's so much more complicated. I'm obsessed with this girl. I can't get her out of my mind. I need to devour her, body and soul. I know I should resist, for her sake as much as my own, but I physically can't. My wolf lust has locked onto her. There's no way we get out of this alive, but one night inside her will be worth any punishment.


Purchase:




4 Stars


The story of Zac and Lyla.
When we first meet Zac, he is a “normal” traveling with his friend Jason to New York City.  It is apparent from the start that this is definitely a different world.
The “elite” are the rich/powerful/political people, while the “normals” and the “shifters” are second-class citizens.
Lyla is one of the elite.  In a gross twist, she is a young lady (I believe it said 19) who is set to marry her uncle (her mother’s brother).  (Ewww)  Oswald is forty-something, cruel, and hell-bent on becoming the president.  He already has a fairly high political role in the society, and he’ll do ANYTHING to reach the top. 
Lyla and Zac first spot each other on the bridge into the city.  Zac is playing a song on his guitar for the masses of people walking, and Lyla is riding in the back of a chauffeured car.  Zac can’t take his eyes off her.  He’s determined to see her again, by any means necessary.
It turns out he is a shifter after all, and Lyla is his fated mate. But of course, things are never going to be simple! 
The author has done a great job at creating an alternate reality.  I had to give up on knowing if it was supposed to mirror present times or not, though I think it did.
At times the story was needlessly “wordy”, but the author did paint a vivid picture of everything.  A few liberties were taken at skipping from the main characters to other character’s points of view, but that is easily forgiven.
The end action scenes are fantastic, and I really appreciated all the details given in that instance.
It is a story I would recommend to others!

Romance Readers received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.








AUTHOR BIO:
Avery Burch is a hot new paranormal romance author and her series, Shifter: City of Wolves is going to have a huge impact. She writes chilling tales of shifters and heart-wrenching stories of love and lust. If you like your romance spicy, your shifters sexy, your love stories intense, and your heroines passionate, then her books are for you.

She lives in Toronto, Canada.

Author Links:



1 comment:

  1. Great review! Thanks for being on the tour! :)

    ReplyDelete