Tuesday, March 10, 2015

BLOG TOUR and *RRBB REVIEW*: Middle Eight by Audra Middleton

 
 
 
 
 
Romantic Comedy
Date Published: February 1, 2015


Blurb:


When the normal life Ray has always dreamed of unravels, she falls for a drummer, comes to terms with her unconventional childhood, and inevitably discovers that normal was never really in her best interest.
 







The story of Ray (Rainbow) and Van (part of his last name).
When the book begins, Ray is in a dangerous situation! We come across the details as to how she gets there as the story goes on.
On the run, with barely a penny to her name, Ray winds up stranded outside a bar.  She goes inside, just looking for a place to collect her thoughts.  By the end of the night, she's been made up by some strangers in the women's restroom and gets completely hammered with men buying her drinks.
She heads out to her car, which thankfully won't start (drunk driving nightmare escaped), and meets the band that was playing.  The drummer (Van) is a hottie, and a sweetheart, and she winds up crashing on his couch for the night.
Despite a week or so of passion, Van's about to make it big with a band, and Ray is still running from what happened at the beginning of the story.
Will they make it back to each other in the end?
First off, I really enjoyed the flow of the story.  The author has an easy writing style that makes reading a breeze, not a chore.  In fact, I liked it so much, that I almost forgave something I really despise.  I don't want to spill the beans, so I won't say what it is - but that particular plot point sticks in my craw and makes me knock off 1 star.  Without that, it would be a perfect read for me.
I loved Van. He was hot and sweet, and who doesn't like a musician - especially that writes songs for you? *sigh*
I liked Ray, mostly, except for that plot point that involves her.
I still think it is a very enjoyable read, especially if I forget that one piece that reoccurs throughout the story.
Romance Readers received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.






a RAFFLECOPTER giveaway
 
 

Audra Middleton was born and raised in Washington State where she lives with her husband and their three boys. She gave up her teaching career to raise her children, and in between diaper changes and baseball games, she began writing books. Once she started, she couldn’t stop, even after she went back to teaching. Check her website to find out more about her writing projects.

1 comment: